Residential Leak Detection Services
You may need the services of an expert leak detector if you are experiencing one or more of the following problems:
- Sudden, outrageously high water bills
- Soggy patches of lawn
- Water in your basement
- Poor drainage around the foundation
- Problems with your well line
We offer professional assessments and use non-destructive detection methods. If we need to dig down to find the plumbing leak, we can do that too.
- We’ll arrive with a goal-oriented team that will work to locate your leak and dig down to the find the exact location of the pipe break.
- We respect that fact that this is your home, and you’ve likely slaved over the quality of your lawn and garden. We seek to be as careful as we can while doing our job.
- In most cases, we can find your buried water lines. As long as the broken water line is not under pavement or concrete, we will dig it up and show you the break/leak.
- At that point, you can contact your local plumber to arrange for the repair, or in some cases, we can make the repairs while we are there.
- Doing this will save you time and will save any repair service you call the time of finding the leak as well as additional service call charges.
- Here at LEMKO we know that your time is important to you and it is important to us.
- Here at LEMKO we are not a company that says to you that your leak is here and writes a bill out and leaves; this is why we will dig the leak up and show it to you if we can.
- This is so you don’t have that nagging feeling that, “Is my leak where he says it is?”, “I have just paid him and he’s driving off “.
We will also go through some troubleshooting ideas with you before we come out to your home.
- Look in the tank on the back of your commode, make sure that the water is not overflowing into the overflow tube.
- Take a flash light and look down inside this tube. There should be no moving or flowing water inside of it.
- If you have a water hose hooked up outside to a faucet make sure that the faucet has been shut completely off.
- Your water line runs from your meter to your home. In most cases, there will be a shut-off valve where ever this line surfaces back up into your residence or under your home if you have a crawl space.
- By shutting this valve off you are cutting the water off to your residence.
- At this point go out to your water meter and check the water movement device on the meter ( this is usually a small glass circle just a bit smaller than a dime, there will be a triangle under it in most cases, this spins when water goes through the meter no matter how small the amount ) for movement.
- If this device is spinning your leak is between the meter and your residence.
- If it is not moving, then the leak is from the shut-off valve forward under your residence.
In some cases, some leaks are just too small to find. We will discuss this with you up front and tell you if we think that this is the case with your water leak from the information that you have given us over the phone.
We offer special discounts to ALL military (active or inactive) as well as National Guard, Fire Fighters, Police, Plumbers, and repeat customers.
Call Lemko Leaks today at 865-312-7802 when you are facing high water bills, soggy areas, and saturation problems. You may also contact us at 865-806-2208 or fax us at 865-312-7802